April 18, 2018

Quilt 104: Red/White/Black Jelly Roll Race - DONE!

It's been almost 2 years since I made my first "jelly roll race" quilt.  Time to do another!  I think this one is my 4th.  These quilts are loads of fun to make and, boy oh boy don't they whip up in a flash!

If you'd like to see how it's done, have a look at the video tutorial on YouTube by "Jenny" of Missouri Quilts - click here.

Here's the finished quilt - it's 54" x 66":

(Doubleclick the picture above to see a larger image)
I'm really pleased with how it turned out - and also pleased to have stitched it using the "nested C" free-motion quilting design I posted about a couple of weeks ago (to see that post, click: here).

Here's a close-up of the quilting.  I was very nervous starting out with this, but quickly learned to relax, and as with all free-motion quilting, when you relax, the quality of the work gets better.

Here's tha back of the quilt.  I usually use solid fabrics, but found this "love love love" print at Spotlight when they were having a quilting fabric sale.  It's just perfect for this quilt!
 
Jelly Roll Race quilts are the fastest quilts I've done.  The time to piece the top is only a couple of hours (Jenny says it takes less than an hour, but I just don't sew as fast as she does), and with the super fast "nested C" free-motion design, the quilting was less than 90 minutes!

No comments:

Post a Comment