July 8, 2017

Much More Than Thread, Fabric and Batting

I love quilting, and when I work on one, I put in a lot more than time and materials.  I sew in as much love and healing energy as I can.

About this time last year, I sent a special quilt to my friend Julie, who is living with metastatic breast cancer. Julie loves her quilt and tells me that when she's snuggled under it she sleeps better and feels more "grounded".  I can't even begin to express how happy that makes me.

This morning she posted this photo on Facebook:

And here's what she had to say about it:

"My sister Nicole straightened up my bedding, folding everything neatly at the bottom. Usually, the quilt rests atop the pile, but today it got folded inside. Charlie jumped onto the bed and started pawing at the pile. Not knowing what he wanted, I covered him with it. He dug himself out, found the quilt, licked it, and sprawled out to sleep."

:-)

No comments:

Post a Comment