April 12, 2017

Still no quilt post - but...

I've been watching "beginners" videos on YouTube about the iPhone and have been doing a lot of experimenting and learning over the past few days.  I made a conscious choice to make learning how to work with this device a high priority for a week or so - which basically means "no quilting happening right now".

The investment in time is paying off.  I'm able to be reasonably comfortable with the iPhone and it's features, and am ready to pull back from studying it and get on with life.

Just today, on Facebook, I saw a post with a photograph of an infant in hospital, lying on a small, colourful quilt.  The post was a "thank you" to the organization "Victorian Quilters" - thanking them for the quilt and, in part, saying this:

"Thank you so much for the lovely quilt we received today in the Rosella ward of the Royal Children’s Hospital. (baby's name) is almost three weeks old, and has had his first of three major heart surgeries for Hypoplastic Left Heart Syndrome, two weeks ago. ... it was a lovely surprise today to find the beautifully coloured blanket in his cot. We’re very grateful for your generosity."

Well - there you are.  It gave me a real "moment", I can tell you.  It's terribly sad to see children sick - but that message reminds me why I do what I do - and why I need to get cracking.

And so I will.

I've got a lovely child's quilt pieced and ready for the longarm.  I'll be mounting it tomorrow and will tell you about it next week.

Until then - have a happy and blessed Easter weekend.

No comments:

Post a Comment