March 15, 2017

Quilt 88: Yet another "Triest" (in teal) - DONE!

This is the 3rd quilt in a row using the Robert Kaufman panel "Trieste".  You'll be wondering if I'm ever going to do anything else!  (I will - don't worry.)

Early last week, Nancy (from Inspirational Quilts) contacted me to say that she'd been approached by a local Cystic Fibrosis group asking if they might have a couple of "adult size" quilts for the fundraising gala they are having at the end of this month.  She said she'd be making one for them, and might I have one I'd like to donate.  I was delighted she asked, and I happened to have the top for this one (plus one other adult-size quilt) already done and waiting to be quilted.

So here it is - with no fanfare:
48" x 64" - quilted on the longarm ("Blustery Breeze" groovy boards) - cotton batting
The backing and binding are the same as the previous Trieste quilts. 

As I said, I had another adult-size quilt top ready, and I finished it and took both adult quilts plus 3 for children up to her on Saturday.  I have a goal to donate at least one quilt a month to Nancy's charity - so I guess I'm ahead of schedule - which is great!

Stay tuned next week for the other adult-size quilt.  I don't know which of these (both?) she'll give to the Cystic Fibrosis group.  Guess I'll have to wait and see.

No comments:

Post a Comment