May 27, 2015

Quilt 28: Christmas Cockies table cloth

I fell in love with the little "Cockatoo Santa" prints I found at Spotlight. They are just so cute. Last summer I pulled out the fabric and finally decided to do something - and chose to go with a tablecloth. I didn't have enough of these prints to make an entire table cloth, so opted to just cut squares and stitch them together, taking care to make sure the birds are positioned so that they aren't all facing the same direction.

Here's a closeup of the print - charming, yes?
Now to figure out something to use as border fabric to extend the piece so that it's large enough. I had this bundle (below) but.. hm... I'm not sure this is what I want. What I think I'd really like is red and white striped fabric next, then maybe the green cut into small strips outside of that.
But - realistically - can I hope to find a red-and-white strip which will match the red I've already got? Yeah. I'm dreamin'.

No comments:

Post a Comment