December 12, 2012

Quilt 4: It only took 2 1/2 Years (Christmas Quilt)

Back in June of 2010, I found a nice Christmas print in the clearance rack at a favorite fabric shop. I grabbed it and, with help from quilting guru Pauline, found a couple of complimentary prints to go with it. I put up a post on this blog to share the design and my plans for a queen-size Christmas quilt.

Here's the design:

What happened to quilt 4? Well... uh... it just never happened. Truth is: I felt intimidated by the on-point design. I just wasn't ready.

But now? Now I'm feeling my quilting "muscles" and have decided to have a go. It'll make a nice Christmas project, now that I'm in the "holiday mood". I've cut out the on-point pieces: 


59 squares (the red/green/cream paisley print) (6.5 inches square)
140 green rectangles (2.5 x 6.5 inches)
58 red squares (2.5 inches square)
and the paisley triangles (needed for the corners/edges of the on-point section):

2 squares of paisley (5 1/8) cut in half to give me four triangles. (above) for the corners.


And

5 paisley squares (9 3/4 inches square) cut (as shown below) to produce twenty slightly larger triangles for the edges.


There needs to be red triangles for the edging, too... but hm... I think I'm going to try and "cheat" there - more about that later.

I'm ready to go! 

No comments:

Post a Comment